Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Nursery

Hi there,
It's unbelievable to me that a week from tomorrow I'm going to have a son. I keep going through the waves of emotion that start with pure joy, excitement and thrill and turn directly into pure fear! lol  I'm so ready for Lansing's arrival, yet it's one of those experiences in life that you can only prepare for mentally, logistically, etc. so far and then real life just is going to take over.  So the planner in me has to just move over and embrace the unknown.  It's also strange to have a house full of all these baby items and to wonder what it's going to be like to have a live being using them because right now they seem like props for a fictitious movie or something. 
As much as I can't wait for my baby boy, I have to admit I'm soooo excited to have my body to myself and no chemo for a solid 10 days.  This is something I haven't experienced in a very long time.  Trust me, I've been told every horror story and all the yuck that comes directly after delivering your baby, but for those who haven't been in my shoes, just to worry about one being at a time is going to be glorious.  Or at least I can physically tend to my baby rather than just sitting around worrying about him, not able to do anything for him.  A new chapter is about to begin and I can't believe that it's so close that I can taste it! 

I wanted to post pictures of Lansing's nursery.  I'm not a decorator by any stretch nor a photographer, so bear with me.  I think it's a nice start especially not knowing the little guy.  I wanted to create a fun, relaxing space that he would be comfortable in but not too defining so we can switch it up easily as he gets older and has an opinion of his own.

Lansing's name was made for me by my best friend Leslie. I love how it sets the tone to the room.

My girlfriends each gave a book to Lansing during my first shower..here they are easily accessible and displayed along with several other cubes filled with clothes, sheets, blankets, etc. 
The adorable owl was made by my cousin Clare.
The Texas hat is a memento Robert and I picked up for Lansing to remind us of our trip to MD Anderson and eventually to remind us how far we've come.
The adorable pinwheels were decorations provided by The Sunday Flower (you can find her on Facebook and Etsy).

Bunting Banner provided by Cristin of Hazelnut Designs (find her on Etsy).
My mom got the awesome "Family Rules" sign that I had been eyeballing for months. These are truly the life lessons to live by.

Love the adorable crib, so cute and still perfect for a little boy.
The beautiful blanket was handcrafted by my dear friend Alex.
Bumper is from Land of Nod
Charlie's at the bottom of the picture scoping out the new furniture.


Love the sunshine light fixture, mostly because Robert picked it for the room :0)  Thanks Dad for installing!


Peace & Love,
Misty





2 comments:

  1. Lovely you two! The whole room is so welcoming. Lansing will thrive and grow and love his room ;-) Really love the sun light fixture....very cool M

    Can't wait for this new and wonderful journey to begin for you both :-) and to meet Lansing!

    Take care and much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Chris, you always have such positive feedback and I appreciate it very much! I'll see you very soon. Love you!

      Delete

Hi Friends, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I read each and every one of them and they mean so much to me. Have a fabulous day!! XO, Misty