Friday, May 18, 2012

Friendship & Gratitude

Robert and I at our Benefit

The Ladies & I at the Benefit
Last night was such a beautiful evening...I honestly don't know where to begin.  I get a little weepy sitting here trying to find the words to express our gratitude for the love and support we felt yesterday from so many friends and family members.  I know without a shadow of doubt that I am loved and have so many reasons to be positive and continue to hold my head high and fight this battle.  To know I have so much love from all of you makes this process easier somehow.  Thank you to every single person who came to support us and our cause. Your presence meant so much to Robert and I and our families.  Thank you for the overflowing response to the incredible raffle items donated by so many wonderful local companies and vendors.  Thank you to my family, my wonderful family, to come and support us. Thank you to my co-workers for all your support, it's incredible to be able to say I have a second family at work, not many people have the luxury and are able to say that, I am very thankful that I do. On top of everyone supporting us, it was great getting to see and talk with so many of you!  I was able to see people I haven't seen in many years.  Some of you traveling from afar, thank you for making the trek and coming to see us.  I only made it until just before 8pm, I'm so sorry for those that I didn't get to see and catch up with but appreciate you very much.

Last but certainly never least...The Angels Responsible for Everything:
I have been blessed with such an exceptional group of friends, I love each of them so much I sometimes feel I could suffocate them with my love. To see what transpired from their love and devotion to me and my cause is something I could only dream about. These Angels pictured below are the reason for such a magnificent event and for my sanity.  Thank you so much for loving me unconditionally and supporting me through thick and thin...thank you for being who YOU are and for making something that is so ugly and unpleasant, so beautiful.  I love you girls so much.
 Left to Right: Jessica Salyers, Kelli Fohl, Jennifer Edwards, Amy Davis, Jill Salyers, Emily Wolfzorn, Brooke King, Leslie Marshall, Christi Riegler (not pictured: Natasha LaGesse, Molly Gosnell, Shannon Appelman, Melissa Rechtin, Nate Salyers).


To sum it all up....the benefit was such a GREAT time!  I will remember yesterday evening as one of the most positive and beautiful moments of my journey with stupid cancer.  I'll never forget the love I felt/feel from everyone.  I think for the rest of my life I'll be trying to come up with a way to thank every single person that made yesterday possible, until I figure that out....please know that I am talking about YOU and you personally have helped me get through this process by your encouraging words, hugs, laughter.  For all of you that were with us in spirit, thank you so much for thinking of us.
Here are some snapshots of the three raffle tables...thank you so much for the amazing raffle prizes that were ever so graciously donated by local companies, family and friends.  The evening would not have been possible without you!


A special thank you to the wonderful Blinkers Tavern for allowing us to hold our event at your location.  The establishment is beautiful and so inviting and we couldn't have picked a better venue.  
Forever grateful,
Misty

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I believe I've fixed the issue for leaving comments by removing the requirement to have to register in order to leave a message...DUH! I didn't realize I had the ability to remove this. Anyone should be able to leave something should they wish. Have a great day :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I read each and every one of them and they mean so much to me. Have a fabulous day!! XO, Misty