Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Benefit -- May 17, 2012

Hi there, I wanted to post about an upcoming benefit that my dearest friends are putting together for Robert and I to help see us through this "interesting" process. I first want to say THANK YOU to each of you, you know who you are, for always stepping up and helping when it's most needed. My girlfriends have this very strange, wonderful ability to throw awesome events and I usually just help however I can (and do what they tell me to). To be on the other side and be the purpose behind "why" this event is happening is very nerve wracking and makes everything all the more real to me. Robert and I are ever so grateful to you and appreciate all that you are doing for us. I'm honored to have a core group of ladies that care so deeply for us and are willing to take time out of your lives not only to check on me on a daily basis, meet me for lunch, drop off dinner and send me text message saying your thinking of me, but to organize an event that is solely to help make my life as stress-free as possible and ensure all our bases are covered. THANK YOU and I'm seriously the luckiest girl in the world to have best friends like you, I mean that! I love each of you to the core, thank you for EVERYTHING! For the rest of you reading this, hopefully I can help you better understand why my girlfriends jumped into action to help us out. Robert and I have decided to get a second opinion on my treatment plan with a facility called MD Anderson. This facility is based out of Houston TX and specializes in pregnant women with cancer and treat up to 40,000 pregnant women with cancer per year. Although I have an excellent team, I want to go where I'm the norm, not an anomoly and have the experts in this area help advise us as we go through this process. From what I hear, this is a normal thing to do to ease the minds of both the patient, their families and to have a team work together to ensure we are getting the upmost care. Needless to say, the benefit is going to make this possible for us. Please don't feel any pressure to contribute anything at all, we are fully aware of the hard times this economy has imposed on all of us, but your support emotionally is/has been appreciated just the same. :0)
Event Details: Thursday, May 17, 2012 5:00pm-10:00pm Blinkers Tavern 318 Greenup Street Covington, KY 41011 The invite has been sent via a Facebook event invite by Kelli Fohl. If you have not received the invite and would like to be included, please just post a comment or message me and I'd be more than happy to forward to you. If you would like to include anyone, please feel free to pass the invite along. Thank you so much for your support. UPDATE TO BENEFIT INFORMATION REGARDING DONATIONS: A benefit account has been setup for Misty at The Bank of Kentucky. If anyone has received donations on her behalf or know those who would like to make a donation, you can stop in any Bank of KY location and give Misty Porter's name to deposit the donation into her benefit account. Please visit http://www.bankofky.com/​locations.aspx for a list of Bank of KY locations. You can also mail deposits to my attention at the address below. The Bank of Kentucky Attn: Brooke King 7900 Tanner’s Gate Lane P.O. Box 577 Florence, KY 41042 Thank you for your support!!! We hope to see you May 17th!! :-) The Bank of Kentucky > Locations www.bankofky.com Peace & Love, Misty

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding! We will be there and are happy to help in any way and in as many ways as we can. You know me Misty, the weird Aunt with all the metaphysical/cosmic/hippy beliefs, right?! lol..I pray for you constantly (and Jim) and when I do it is always as much for you and Robert and Lansing as it is for the doctors, nurses, therapists, etc., that care for you. I visualize you healed and these caregivers being the very best with the "God" energy running through them to you...I'm so glad to hear that you've found a place that specializes in treating pregnant woman...You are a very wise woman and couple and I know this is the right move. Love you very much, hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, I don't know what to say that hasn't been already said. I just found out today. You are in my thoughts & prayers and anytime you feel up to eating stuffed bread, let me know & I'll deliver it to you! Sending love & light your way.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Misty. I am planning on attending. I think your plan to go to TX is brilliant! Love and miss you. Kathy Kaspar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sangat menarik untuk diulas lebih dalam ketika membahas apa yang salah dengan cara bermain kamu sehingga kekalahan yang selalu di terima saat main judi bola online. Apakah benar ada Robot ? Apa yang robot itu lakukan ? (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I read each and every one of them and they mean so much to me. Have a fabulous day!! XO, Misty